Learn what’s new in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020.
Apple created Dark Mode starting in macOS Mojave (10.14) for eyesight ease and focus. Now QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020 works in Dark Mode.
To use Dark Mode:
- Select the Apple menu, then System Preferences.
- Select General, then select Dark.
From the Report Sidebar, you can quickly customize your reports.
- The Options Tab allows you to select the date-range and have it reflect immediately on your report. When working with detail reports, you can easily search for and add columns to your report.
- With the Filters Tab, you can search for and add the filters you need, like a specific account type, name and even posting status.
- Using the Format Tab, you can customize the look and feel of your report. Use preset formats for the entire report, or pick and choose individual report elements like negative number display or custom headers. You can then save your custom setup for use in your other company reporting.
- Use the Email button so you can share your report.
Any changes you make in the sidebar are reflected in your report. Toggle the report sidebar by selecting Show/Hide Report Sidebar on the report toolbar.
The Company Snapshot will display your most critical business data with movable widgets.
To customize your Company Snapshot, select the customize button. Then, you can add the widgets you need. If you need to start over, or go back to the original design, select the Reset button.
Bounced check processing
If you receive a bounced check and already deposited it into your account, you can record it and add an optional bounced check fee.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to Customers, then Receive Payments
- Find the customer payment with the non-sufficient funds.
- Select the Bounced Check icon.
- Record the bounced check fee you were charged by your bank and the expense account you will use to track.
- Enter the Customer Fee, if you’d like to charge your customer for the bounced check. Then select Next.
- Once you’re done, select Record.
QuickBooks will mark the original invoice(s) as Unpaid, then will create another invoice for the customer fee you entered. In addition, the original checks will be deducted from your bank account.
Using the iPhone/iPad scanner, you can save documents, photos, or receipts to your company's attachment center. Then, you can add them to invoices or transactions.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Both your Mac and iPhone/iPad need to be on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Enable Bluetooth on both your Mac and your iPhone/iPad.
- Be signed into iCloud with the same Apple ID across your devices. Two-factor authentication should be enabled on both your Mac and iPhone.
- MacOS Mojave or later and iPhone/iPad should be on iOS 12 or later.
To attach a scan:
- Select Scan Documents from the list item or transaction.
- Take your device and select Keep Scan. Your scan will appear in the attachments window as a PDF.
Improved attachment searches
As soon as you attach the PDF or photo to your transaction or list item, QuickBooks captures keywords and stores them in the background. Then, all you need to do is search for those keywords in the Attachments Center.