I hope to develop a checklist of items you can ask a customer to set up their Quickbooks. Here's what I have sop far. please help me add:
1. Company name, address, phone number, email address, etc.
2. Business structure (DBA, C corp, S corp, etc) and Tax ID
3. Cash basis or Accrual based accounting
4. Bank account numbers and statements
5. Credit card account numbers and statements
6. All previous tax forms (Federal, State, Local, Sales taxes, Payroll taxes)
7. All tax account numbers
8. State and local tax %s and taxing entity name for payments.
9. Chart of account names they use for income, other assets, expenses, equity including owner's.
10. Logo's for company and if they want on their invoices and statements
11. Payment terms for customers
12. Existing customers names, address, phone numbers, emails.
13. Existing vendors and all contact info and available payment terms.
14. Information they want on their invoices to customers.
15. All business locations and if they bill differently such as another state with different sales taxes and taxing entities.
whew, that's a start. What else can we add?
Solved! Go to Solution.
You know that saying be careful what you ask for..... @Anonymous is the secret gatekeeper of all things checklist oriented with Intuit.
The link takes you to a massive checklist that all of the things we could think of to go through while evaluating a potential clients file. With your permission, I would like to take you list and add anything that may be missing so I can continue to grow the list for anyone to use. Would that be OK?
Absolutey! Add them together and repost for all of us, please!
Glad to know @Anonymous is the list go to person. I love lists and processes. They keep me on track and help me give my best to clients, so I don't miss something!
Thanks for the link. I'm going to check it out now!
We'd love to see more!!