Would it be possible to develop a searchable, unique identifiable field where, when creating invoices, we could attach customer POs to an invoice to ensure we are not double billing and double filling our customers' orders?
I am not sure if I am posting in the right place, but wanted to see if this was an option.
Hey there Ben2,
First off, I'd like to say, welcome to the Community. I think you've got a great idea and I want to help point you in the right direction.
There is a way to add purchase order numbers to your invoices. Here's how:
1. Click the gear icon in the top right corner.
2. Select Custom Form Styles.
3. Choose New Style, then Invoice.
4. Click Content and then the small pencil in the top box.
5. Select Custom field in the bottom left.
6. From here, you can add a field titled Purchase Order Number.
This is one way to keep track of your purchase orders. If you'd like to have the option to link purchase orders to invoices, I'd suggest leaving some feedback for our product development team. This link will allow you to do so: http://feedback.qbo.intuit.com/.
I hope this helps you out. Please know I'm only a post away if you have any other questions.
A warm welcome to the community. Thank you for this post, I think you've brought up a great point of discussion about if/how tools can (and should) help us stay organized, send the right information, and keep track of said data. We really appreciate the suggestion and your perspective on what matters to you when keeping organized.
You're very welcome, Ben2!
Yes, the new field will be searchable.
To search for the invoice containing the purchase order number, you would:
1. Click the magnifying glass in the top right corner.
2. Select Advanced Search.
3. Choose Invoices from the first drop down box.
4. Next, click the Custom Field that has been associated with PO numbers (1-3).
5. Select Contains from the third drop down box.
6. Enter the PO number and click Search.
This will bring up the invoice that has had the purchase order number added to it.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.