After doing the software update to the card reader through the app, the card reader can no longer be found by the iPad in the app. I've tried all the things suggested, such as Forget device, turn off, turn on, but the app cannot see the reader following the software update.
So I call QB support. They give me a different number to call.
So I call the Merchant Services support number.
I request a call back since their que is 45-55 minutes wait.
After waiting at least that long....
I get a call back from QB Proadvisor support.
I tell her what I need, she says you need merchants service support let me give you the number. I say, I already have that number as that they gave number me earlier and that was what I called. She verifies number that I used. She said I don't know why your call got routed to me. Let me try to connect you over there.
So after waiting for more than 45 minutes for a call back, I get a call back from someone who cannot help me. So back to the on hold que.
Then after waiting on hold 15 minutes, their system hangs up on me!
So I have had a problem since this morning with my credit card reader that their software update caused and this is how they treat their customers.
I cannot make this stuff up......
I called support yesterday; was on the phone with them for about an hour. They did all the basic troubleshooting stuff (reset reader, reinstall GoPayment app, checked versions, etc). Nothing worked...which didn't surprise me, as I'm sure the OTA changed a bluetooth value in the reader and broke the connection. They needed to go research something and were to call me back in 20 minutes; I never hear back! Very frustrating...just send me a new reader so I can move on!
I suppose I will have to call them back again today.
I was on the phone for almost 2 hours today troubleshooting with tech support nothing worked. Gave me a case number. Said they would call back never did. I have spent almost 4 hrs in the phone and chat. This making me reevaluate my decision to use QuickBooks and GoPaments
We are having the same problem! Since the update the card readers will not connect and say not found. The older chip readers seem to be working. I'm not looking forward to calling after all the problems and wait time it takes to get, most likely, no answers. I hope they realized something wrong happened with the updates and they are fixing it.