Learn how to set up your employees for direct deposit.
To set up your employees for direct deposit payroll, you need to:
- Gather the employees' bank information.
- Enter employees' bank information in your online payroll.
Note that federal holidays can impact the direct deposit processing. See Direct Deposit Processing & Banking Holiday Timelines for your reference.
Gathering the employee's bank information
We have a Direct Deposit Authorization form you can use to give to your team. Ask each individual to fill out, sign, and date the form. Your employees can also attach a voided check to provide the necessary bank account information.
If an employee wants to deposit their pay into two separate bank accounts, ask them to attach a voided check for each account.
This form is for your records only. Keep the signed authorization form with each employee's record.
There are two ways to access this form:
- Print an Authorization form for Direct Deposit.
- Print from your QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced or Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced account:
Entering the employee's bank account information
To set up and pay your contractors through direct deposit, see Contractor direct deposit for assistance.
Note: This only applies to QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced and QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service.
Our online payroll services deposit into standard checking accounts and savings accounts.
On a per bank basis, we may be able to deposit to money market checking accounts. Your employee will need to to confirm that their account can accept deposit transactions.
We do not support deposits to standard money market accounts.
Yes! Pay cards are a great and convenient option for employees who don't have bank accounts. To learn more, see How does the Intuit Turbo℠ Pay Prepaid Visa® Card work?.
Yes, you can schedule direct deposit checks for the next 4 pay periods.
It's important that you create payrolls in sequence to make the year-to-date totals on the paycheck correct.
Running a large number of payrolls in advance can make it more difficult to make any changes later. Use this flexibility with discretion.
Note that direct deposit starts to process as early as 2 banking days depending on your payroll service.
Direct deposit lead time:
- QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium and Quikcbooks Online Payroll Elite: Same day processing
- QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced and QuickBooks Online Payroll Core: 1 business day (24-hour direct deposit)
- Intuit Online Payroll and Intuit Full Service Payroll: 2 business days
In some cases, Intuit may move your account to a 5-day lead time if you trigger multiple NSF holds within 12 months.