Learn how to turn off direct deposit for an employee in Intuit Online Payroll.
Do you want to temporarily turn off direct deposit for an employee? Employers typically do this when they need to create a paper check for one payroll (or for a bonus or commission).
In this article, we'll show you how to turn off DD using Intuit Online Payroll.
Turn off direct deposit
QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Select Workers, then select Employees.
- Select Run Payroll.
- Select the direct deposit icon next to the employee's name.
- Select Paper check.
- Preview and submit the rest of your payroll as you normally would.
Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced/Accountants
- Select the Payday tab.
- If necessary, select the appropriate pay schedule.
- Select the Check Details icon by the employee's name.
- Uncheck Use direct deposit.
- Enter the employee's paycheck information.
- Select Create.
- Create and approve the rest of your payroll as you normally would.
Intuit Online Payroll Full Service
- Start running payroll as you normally would.
- Select the direct deposit link next to the employee's name.
- Select Check in the Pay method field.
- Select Save and close.
- Finish payroll. Don't forget to print or write the paper check, and then give it to the employee.
- The employee's check won't be marked for direct deposit.
- You'll be asked to enter a check number before printing.
- If you want to make a permanent change to the employee's pay method, make the change in the employee's profile settings.
If you have any questions about direct deposit, contact us.