Created with Sketch.Learn about PPP and Loan Forgiveness, stay informed with the latest changes.
Created with Sketch.Need help with 1099's or other Year End topics? Visit our Year End Resources page.
Created with Sketch.New to QuickBooks or using a new product? Visit our Get Started resource page to help you get going.
Created with Sketch.Need to make changes to your account? Visit the Account Manager Portal.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Account numbers assigned to employees positions

Prior to a position change our associate pastor had $150 coded to 500115 expense.

In early 2018 his position changed to education minister and the $150 is now being coded to 510400 expense. I need to know how to correct this expense back to 500115 with him being set up as the education minister.

1 Comment
Not applicable

Account numbers assigned to employees positions

The expense accounts you see on your financial statements are the result of the account set up on the payroll item(s) used to pay the employees.

- If the wrong item was used, edit the paychecks and replace the earnings item with the correct one (you can do this safely without the check re-calculating.)

- If the item has the wrong account, edit it from the payroll items list and change the account. When prompted answer that you do want to update the related transactions.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us