It's nice to see you here, @mychau,
Thanks for sharing the steps you've tried so far to remove the tax exempt status on your paycheck. The instructions shared by my colleague is supposed to do the job and subject your gross wages to these taxes.
If the problem isn't resolved, I recommend getting in touch with our Support Team to report this. Our agents can check on this, and if needed, can escalate the issue to our engineers for review.
Our Live Help are available from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM on weekdays and 6:00 AM til 3:00 PM on Saturdays. Follow these steps to reach out to a live agent:
- Open a web browser and sign in to your QBO account.
- Go to the Help menu then choose the Search tab.
- At the bottom click on Contact us.
- Enter the keyword Account Management and Billing in the What can we help you with? box.
- On the next screen, scroll down to How would you like to connect with us section.
- Choose Chat with us to initiate a discussion with a live agent.
- Enter you account contact information then press Get a chat.
- When using this option, make sure to enable pop-up windows. The chat box will appear at the bottom right section of your monitor, and an agent will be with you shortly after. See this:
When you're connected to a representative, provide all the information about your concern or request a viewing session.
Post here again if there's anything else I can do to help you besides this payroll concern. I'll be more than happy to lend a hand. Have a wonderful day!