Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Correct YTD dollar amount on employee paycheck

How do I correct a YTD HSA company contribution on the employee paycheck that was erroneously doubled?

1 Comment
Not applicable

Re: Correct YTD dollar amount on employee paycheck

Hello, @csf2.


Thanks for posting in the Community. Let me help correct your YTD HSA company contribution.


To correct the duplicate liability, you'll need to make a liability adjustment for this contribution. 


Here's how:


  1. Go to the Employees menu.
  2. Select Payroll Taxes and Liabilities and click Adjust Payroll Liabilities.
  3. Make sure to enter the correct date for the YTD and fill in the necessary details.
  4. Choose the Item Name on the drop-down arrow and enter the negative amount for this contribution to deduct the duplicate.
  5. Select Accounts Affected.
  6. Once done, click OK.

This should get you in the right direction. You can also reach out to our Desktop Care support if you need further help in going through the steps. 


Here's how you can reach them:


  1. On your QuickBooks, press F1 and select Contact us.
  2. Type in your question and select Search.
  3. Click the Start a Message tab.

I'm just a post away if you have other questions about correcting your YTD transaction. I'll be here to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us