Created with Sketch.Learn about PPP and Loan Forgiveness, stay informed with the latest changes.
Created with Sketch.Need help with 1099's or other Year End topics? Visit our Year End Resources page.
Created with Sketch.New to QuickBooks or using a new product? Visit our Get Started resource page to help you get going.
Created with Sketch.Need to make changes to your account? Visit the Account Manager Portal.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

correcting employee payroll overpayment of bonus on prior check

I have an employee who was overpaid a bonus in prior month.  How do I deduct correctly in currently month?

1 Comment

correcting employee payroll overpayment of bonus on prior check

Hi there, @DenisePWC.


Thank you for posting in the Community. I'll be happy to help get you to the right support.


The paycheck that was already approved last month can no longer be modified in your Intuit Online Payroll account. To fix the current employee's paycheck wage who has been overpaid, I recommend calling our Payroll Support. They have the tools to auto correct the wages on the employee's pay and can adjust the taxes for you.


Here's how you can reach them:

  1. Go to: QuickBooks Payroll Support.
  2. On the right pane, you'll find their contact information.  

That should point you in the right direction today.


Let me know how the call goes by leaving a comment below. I'll be happy to help you further. Wishing you and your business continued success.

Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up

Need to get in touch?

Contact us