There's a possibility that the bank account information provided wasn't approved, CherylZ.
Due to new Compliance regulations, we need to collect specific information for direct deposit setup.
- Business name, address, and EIN
- Principal officer social security number, birth date, and home address
- Online bank credentials or bank routing and account numbers.
You'll want to make sure the Principal Officer information they are entering is correct.
You can try connecting again your bank account. Here's how:
- Go to Employees, and My Payroll Service, then Activate Direct Deposit.
- Select Get Started
- Click Start on the Business tab and fill in the info, then Next.
- Fill in the Principal officer info, then Next.
- Click Add new bank account.
- Enter the name of your bank and then enter your online bank credentials or if prompted, your bank routing and account numbers.
- Create a PIN. You’ll use this when sending your payroll to us each time. Confirm your PIN twice, then select Submit.
- Select Next, then Accept and Submit.
- If prompted, confirm the Principal officer’s full social security number, click Submit.
Next, verify and check your bank account in 2 business days for a small debit amount of less than $1 from Intuit QuickBooks Payroll.
- Once you see the amount, open QuickBooks and sign in as the QuickBooks Admin.
- Select Employees, and My Payroll Service, then select Activate Direct Deposit.
- Sign in to your Intuit Account.
- Enter the debit amount twice, then select Verify.
- Enter your payroll PIN. Select Submit, then Ok.
If the bank connection is declined, I suggest contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Live Team. That way, they can pull up your account and provide more details why you're unable to connect to the bank.
I'm also adding this link: Non-transactional bank accounts. It provides a list of unsupported bank routing numbers. It could also be the reason why you're unable to connect to the bank.
Two different processes allow our payroll customers to connect their bank account for tax and direct deposit money movement. Check out this link for more details: Set up your company payroll for direct deposit.
Keep me posted if you have updates about connecting a bank account for direct deposit payroll. I'll be right here to help you.