Hello there, pam38,
While QuickBooks Online calculates your taxes based on the employee's information entered in the system, I highly suggest contacting your state agency. This is to know how much the amount should be for the child support deduction.
Once you have the amount, you can add a garnishment item in QuickBooks. Let me show you how:
- From the left menu, select Workers, then Employees.
- Click the employee's name.
- Select edit ✎ beside Pay.
- Choose edit ✎ to add a deduction.
- On the drop-down, select Garnishment and Garnishment Type.
- Enter the description, amount requested and the maximum percent of disposable income.
- Click OK.
Feel free to read through these handy related articles for additional information:
Should you need anything else, don't hesitate to post again here in the Intuit Community. We're always here to help.