Connect with and learn from others in the QuickBooks Community.
Hey there, @receptivetc.
How's your Friday going so far? I hope all is well. Below I've included the steps to changing the number of dependants for an employee.
Let's get started.
1. Open the Employee Center.
2. Right-click the employee name and choose Edit.
3. Select the Payroll Info tab. Then click on the Taxes button in the top right.
4. In the Allowances box, change the number of dependants. (In QuickBooks, Allowances are the same as dependants).
5. Hit OK to save once you're finished making changes.
Check out, Change employee payroll information for more details.
That's all there is to it. Please let me know if there is anything else that I could do for you. You can always reach out to us here in the Community anytime you find you need help. Take care and have a great weekend ahead!