I am trying to process payroll and Quickbooks is not calculating any payroll taxes.
Welcome to the Community, laotto.
You'll want to make sure you're on the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop and tax tables. If you already have the latest version of both, and are still experiencing this issue, there are several reasons why a payroll item doesn't calculate, or calculates incorrectly on an employee's paycheck.
Follow these steps to verify if the limit has been set or reached:
1. In the menu bar, select Lists, then Payroll Item List.
2. Right-click the one you want to check, and choose Edit Payroll Item.
3. Click Next until the Limit Type screen is displayed.
4. Verify the limit in the bottom box is accurate. If the limit is correct, the employee's payroll item should stop calculating at this limit. If incorrect, update the amount.
5. Under Limit Type, confirm it's on the right option.
6. If changes to the Default Limit and/or Limit Type are necessary, make the updates accordingly.
7. Select Finish, to save your changes.