Hi there, luckydoggea.
If you recently set up for direct deposit, it will take two to three banking days to confirm and activate your bank account. Additionally, you'll receive an email from us to confirm your direct deposit status.
Once you've entered your bank account information, we'll conduct make a small deposit into your account of less than $1.00. Then, you'll have to enter that amount into the program to authorize the account for payroll transactions. Please know that it might be up to 2 days before you see that deposit.
I would recommend contacting your bank if you're still unable to view the test transactions. Alternatively, we can check your direct deposit setup status. I'll show you how:
- Click the Gear icon then select Payroll Settings.
- Choose Company under Bank Accounts.
- Check the setup status:
- Connected/Active: Bank account details connected to send payroll with QuickBooks Online and option to Update it.
- Pending: We're getting your bank account ready. Information about test transactions will also show.
- Waiting for verification: You have to enter test transactions.
- Failed: Update your bank account. We couldn't verify this bank account.
If your employee's pay method says pending or direct deposit pending, you can check this article to be guided in handling it.
Once you're all set up and ready, we can now create checks for your employees.
I'm just a comment away if you have any other concerns or questions about direct deposit. Feel free to tag my name below.