Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

new employee

If my company is based out of Oregon, can I have an employee who lives in California, but pay them from Oregon? 


Thanks, Sarah Fulcer 

1 Comment
Established Community Backer *

Re: new employee

You can pay them from any location.  However, you need to withhold the appropriate taxes and pay unemployment to the state worked in.  If there is no reciprocity, you will need to establish both a withholding and unemployment account with the state of California.