I’m here to answer your question regarding Ohio School District Tax in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).
If you’re trying to set up 2 different payroll items for this tax on the employee profile, you’ll encounter an error prompt. QuickBooks won’t allow you to do that since it may cause issues when you report your taxes.
You can only change the rate of this tax item by going to your employee setting. Here’s how:
1. Click Employees at the top and select Employee Center.
2. Double-click the name of the employee.
3. Select the Payroll Info tab and click Taxes.
4. From the Taxes window, click the Other tab.
5. Look for OH- School District and select it.
6. Enter the new rate on the box next to School District %.
7. Hit OK, then OK on the employee’s information.