Let me be the first to welcome you to the Community. I’m here to help you print a copy of your employee’s W2 in QuickBooks Desktop.
You can pull up the W-2 and print a copy of it by following the steps below:
1. Go to the Employees menu.
2. Select Payroll Tax Forms and W-2s, then choose Process Payroll Forms.
3. Under the File Forms tab, choose the Annual Form W-2/W-3 – Wage and Tax Statement Transmittal and click the Create Form button.
4. In the File Form window, select the employee’s name and the filing period.
5. Click Submit Form to continue printing.
6. Hit the Print/E-file to open the Print W-2 and W-3 Forms window.
7. Print the form.
You can also make the W-2s available to your employees in QuickBooks Workforce. You just have to select the option Provide employees with secure online access to their W-2 forms on Intuit’s free QuickBooks Workforce site after processing the form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
If the employees don’t have access yet to the workforce, here’s what they need to do:
1. Click the link in the notification email from employer: https://paychecks.intuit.com/?source=qbw2email.
2. Choose Sign Up and answer the security questions when prompted.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to create an Intuit account, then sign in.
4. View and print your W-2.