Sick Times doesn't Accrue for some employees after changing Accrual Limit to "Maximum Hours for the Year"
I updated from QB Pro 2016 to 2019. When I change Accrual Limit on Sick Time to "Maximum Hours for the Year" sick time would not accrue for some employees when I ran payroll. It generally corresponds to employees who have been employed the longest. When I changed the setting back, it would accrue again for everyone. I think this problem may be due to the update. Does anyone have any suggestions on a fix?
Also, the program sometimes freezes when I'm selecting individual employees under the employee menu in Payroll. It got better after I ran diagnostic tool and updated QB 2019, but problem pops up occasionally.
Let me help provide some information about the accrual change of your Sick Time for some of your employees.
It's possible that the limit has already been reached for some of your employees that's why when you changed it to Maximum Hours for the Year, the Sick Time didn't accrue. You can check your employee's pay stubs to verify the total YTD sick time accruals.
It's good to know that the diagnostic tool was able to help the program from freezing constantly when working on your payroll transactions. I'd recommend performing the other solutions provided in this article to ensure you won't run into this problem again: Solutions for when QuickBooks stops working.
Keep me posted with the results. I'll be on the lookout for your reply if you need further help with your Sick Time accruals.