When trying to process payroll through QB online I keep getting error message 1584-6221-00028-fci_i Does any one have a solution to this?
After researching this specific error code, I was able to determine that we should try a few basic troubleshooting steps. These steps will get your computer and QuickBooks working again.
Within the browser you're using, open an incognito tab or private window (we highly recommend using Google Chrome as it is the most efficient browser for QuickBooks. Here is a link to download Chrome if you aren't currently using it.) Using a incognito tab allows QuickBooks to load as a fresh new page, this will remove any error messages or glitches in the system.
Google Chrome Steps (Incognito):
1. Go to the Three Vertical Dots in the top right corner.
2. Click New Incognito Window
3. After it says, "you've gone incognito," type qbo.intuit.com in the URL box.
4. Now you can sign into your QuickBooks Online account. and from there you should be able to process payroll without an issue.
If this worked, go to your regular browser (not incognito) and clear your cache and cookies. Cache and Cookies is data that has been stored over an amount of time that can cause issues like you're currently having. To do this, follow these steps:
Google Chrome Steps (Cache and Cookies):
1. Click the Three Vertical dots in the top right-hand corner again.
2. Click History
3. Click History again.
4. On the left-hand side click clear browsing data
There will be a drop down for how far back you'd like to clear, set it to 1 day at first and see if that works. If not, repeat this process with a further back date range.
And that's it! This will take care of any problems you're having. If you need further assistance, I'm here night and day. Thank you and have yourself a wonderful Thursday.