Welcome to the Community. I’m here to help you fix this error message and ensure you’re able to run payroll in no time.
Intuit’s payroll services for QuickBooks are subscriptions that renew automatically. If the automatic renewal isn’t successful, or the card or bank details on file are outdated, you will get subscription alerts.
You need to update your billing information in order to fix the issue. Here’s how:
1. In the Payroll Service Alert window, click the Reactivate Account button.
2. Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
3. Select the Reactivate link in the Service Information screen.
4. Review the details of your payroll service, then click Proceed to Checkout.
5. Choose a Payment Method or you may choose to add new payment information.
6. Enter the Card Security Code and click Submit, then Continue.
7. Click Place Order, then Next.
8. Hit Return to QuickBooks.