Are there any other steps i should take to lay employees off due to covid19 in quickbooks besides entering a release date? We do plan on rehiring eeveryone
Welcome to the Community, paragasdds. You can count on us to have your back during these difficult times.
When laying employees off you can set their status as inactive. The process for making this change differs depending on what specific payroll plan you're subscribed to.
Here's the steps for doing it in DIY and Payroll Enhanced:
1. Go to Employees in the menu bar at the top, thento Employee Center.
2. Choose the employee and open their profile.
3. In the Edit Employee window, click the option titled Employee is Inactive.
4. Select Ok to save the updated information.
The employee's name will no longer visually display in the Employee List automatically, they'll still be there though. To see them in the list again, you can use the Show Inactive Employees option, and they will appear.
If you're using Intuit Online Payroll, the steps are a little different. Here's how it's done:
1. Open the Employees tab.
2. Pick the employee, then hit Edit in the Employment section.
3. In the Status drop-down menu, select Not On Payroll or Terminated.
Setting a worker under one of these two statuses will make them inactive. They will no longer display in your payroll, but their profiles and other records will still remain in your account. Additionally, you'll no longer be billed for that employee.
I hope this information helps. If you have any other questions, I'll be here to provide an answer! Enjoy the rest of your day.