Learn how Detect and Defend works.
Detect and Defend offers businesses end-to-end protection against identity theft, fraud, and data breaches.
Business identity theft on the rise
Business identity theft occurs when criminals hack or steal sensitive information about your business. And, unfortunately, it's on the rise.
- Fraudulent payments have been on the rise (60% to 74% from 2013 to 2016) for small businesses.
- Small/mid businesses are targeted in 62% of data breaches.
- On average, small businesses incur $38,000 in breach expenses.
- Small business are more attractive targets for fraud and business identity theft: much of their info is public and they often don’t think they are attractive targets.
What do criminals do with the information?
- Buy goods on credit from your vendors or vendors.
- Gain access to your financial accounts.
- File business tax returns for a quick tax refund in the name of your business.
- Open credit cards and get loans in the name of a business.
- Lease or mortgage a property in the name of your business.
- Withdraw money from a business bank account.
- Open utility accounts under the name of a business.
- Create counterfeit checks and cash those checks against a business bank account.
Detect & Defend powered by EZShield is designed to protect your business.
Detect & Defend Product Information
The product launched October 12, 2018.
- Cost: $9.99/month.
- To purchase: visit www.qbdetectanddefend.com or call (800) 749-6400, 8am-9pm M-F (ET).
Criminals go to the Dark Web to find, buy, and sell information that they can use to impersonate a business owner. If we find your information on the Dark Web, we'll alert you so you can take action.
We monitor the Dark Web for the following:
- Email addresses
- Bank account numbers
- Credit / debit card numbers
- Phone numbers
- Business owners' names
We'll monitor your basic information by default and you can add other information using your Dashboard.
Using proprietary technology, we continuously monitor the following:
- Chat rooms
- Search engine queries
- IRC channels
- Twitter feeds
- Hidden or anonymous web services
- A business credit score ranks the creditworthiness of a business.
- Serves as a financial rating (much like personal credit scores do).
- These scores are key to getting approved for financing and trade credit.
- Business credit scores are also important for qualifying for lower rates on things like business insurance and loans.
Business credit reports are used to generate a business' credit score. A business credit report is a record of a business' financial history. It includes the following items:
- Number and age of lines of credit
- Payment histories
|Note: Unlike personal credit, anyone can pull your business credit report. There's also no free option to get your full business credit report, unless you've been denied a loan or other line of credit.|
Business credit monitoring is the ongoing monitoring of a business' credit score and history. With Detect & Defend, you will have access to both your credit score and reports, and we will alert you of any changes. These changes can help identify potential identity theft.
You might not have a business credit score or business credit report if your business is:
- Brand new.
- Hasn’t been registered in your state.
- Has no active trades.
- No other businesses reporting on it.
If your business isn’t registered with your local Secretary of State, QuickBooks Detect & Defend can help you create a file to establish a credit report. Call us at (844) 343-3272 to learn more.
Fraud resolution can be time consuming and, in some cases, may need legal action. Rely on our Certified Resolution Specialists to know what to do, and to manage any fraud issue through to resolution.
All Resolution Specialists agents undergo thorough training to meet our quality standards. Also, they carrying the following certifications:
- They are certified as Identity Theft Risk Management Specialists by the Institute of Consumer Financial Education, by the Institute of Fraud Risk Management.
- They are certified to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act through the Consumer Data Industry Association.
Your Dashboard is where you can do the following:
- Enter the information you wish to have monitored on the Dark Web, as well as where you will find other helpful fraud defense information.
- Manage alerts and passwords.
- Add information to monitor on the Dark Web.
- Review your credit score.
- Store and retrieve documents in your Online Identity Vault.™
- Take your online security assessment.
We store all information using the highest level of encryption from EZShield’s Triple Layer DefenseSM system. This system has been independently verified and is continuously audited to ensure it meets our high standards of security
After purchasing, you'll receive an email from Quickbooks Detect & Defend [firstname.lastname@example.org] with instructions on how to sign up for your Detect & Defend account. If you don't receive an email within 48 hours, please call (800) 749-6400, 8am-9pm M-F (ET).
We will begin scanning the Dark Web with the basic company information you provide when you buy your subscription. But, to get the most benefit, we recommend that you sign up for a Detect & Defend account and customize your Dashboard.
Intuit QuickBooks Detect & Defend is not offered in New York state.
- For general questions or to sign up, please call (800) 749-6400, 8am-9pm M-F (ET).
- If you're already a customer, please call (844) 343-3272.
If you are a victim – or think you might be a victim - of fraud or identity theft, immediately call (844) 343-3272 to speak to a live agent. Agents are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To look up your billing information, please log in to camps.intuit.com.
To cancel your service, log in to camps.intuit.com and click on your D&D product details to access your cancel option.
There is no penalty to cancel your service. If you do cancel, your subscription will expire at the end of the pre-paid period.
Note: No partial refunds will be issued.
Who is EZShield?
EZShield is a leader in the fraud and identity protection industry, delivering comprehensive solutions through their tech-enabled platform. More than 15 million consumers and small businesses rely on EZShield to prevent and detect a multitude of identity threats and to resolve identity crime.
QuickBooks has partnered with EZShield to bring QuickBooks Detect & Defend to our customers. From our high security checks to business identity theft and fraud defense, we provide the tools to help keep your business safe.