Learn how to process a credit card payment in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
After you linked your company file to your QuickBooks Payments account, you can process a credit card payment in QuickBooks Dekstop for Mac.
If your account isn't linked yet to QuickBooks, connect your Payments Account to QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
- You can only process credit card payments in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. For refunds and returns, go to the Merchant Service Center.
- Automatic recurring charge isn't available. You'll need to memorize the transaction so the invoice is created automatically for each cycle, then run the card manually.
Process credit card payments
- Sign in to your company file that's linked to your Payments account.
- Go to Customers, then select Receive Payment to apply the payment to an invoice. If it’s a sales receipt, select Enter Sales Receipts.
- Enter the customer and transaction info, then select the credit card Payment Method (Pmt. Method).
- Select OK, Charge, or Save to process the transaction.
- If you select Visa, MC, AMEX or Discover, enter the credit card info in the displayed window, then select Process.
Tip: This is where you can perform a Voice Authorization.
A pop-up window indicates whether the transaction is approved or declined.