Learn how to notify team on Slack when an order is shipped in QuickBooks Commerce.
The automation tool lets you create workflows to simplify your tasks in QuickBooks. Use it to send notifications to your team’s slack channel, so you don’t have to notify members one-by-one whenever you create a shipment. Here’s how.
Note: If you haven’t yet, authorize the automation tool.
|QuickBooks Commerce is no longer available for purchase as a stand-alone product.|
The features referred to in this article are only relevant for customers who still have QuickBooks Commerce bundled with their QuickBooks Online subscription.
If you want to learn more about e-commerce accounting features that are part of QuickBooks Online, check out Accounting for e-commerce FAQ.
Edit the workflow template
You can edit the existing workflow template instead of creating a new one.
- Go to Sales Orders and select Automation.
- Select the Templates tab.
- Find Notify team on Slack when order is shipped, then select Edit before using this template.
- In the “If” section, select the stock location where the product will ship from. If an order ships from the location you selected, the workflow will run.
- In the “Then” section, select the slack channel you want to notify from the Channel ▼ dropdown. If you haven’t yet, link it to QuickBooks.
a. Select Link another Slack channel.
b. Sign in to your Slack workspace.
c. In the Search for channel…▼ dropdown, select the channel you want to connect to.
d. Select Allow.
- Select Save.
Whenever you create a shipment to an order with the stock location you selected, QuickBooks automatically notifies your team’s Slack channel.
Create a custom workflow
If you want to add more tasks, create a custom workflow instead of using the template.