When running a financial exchange with QuickBooks Desktop, the following message is returned if a transaction in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale was created before the Closing Date in QuickBooks Desktop.
Error: Voucher (or Sales Receipt) #XXX created on MM/DD/YYYY was skipped from processing. Document date is earlier than QuickBooks Closing Date preference.
To fix this, perform the troubleshooting steps in the order shown. Make sure both QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and QuickBooks Desktop are open on the server for the following solutions.
Solution 1: Remove the closing date in QuickBooks Desktop
- Back up the QuickBooks company file.
- From the Edit menu, select Preferences.
- On the left pane, select Accounting, then go to Company Preferences tab.
- Click Set Date/Password and clear the Closing Date field.
- Click OK, then OK again.
- Run a financial exchange in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to ensure the error no longer occurs.
Solution 2: Mark voucher as sent to QuickBooks in your Point of Sale
- From the Purchasing menu, select Receiving History, then choose the voucher that has the error.
- Click the I want to... drop-down button, then select Show Financial Details.
- Put a check mark on the Mark this document as successfully sent box.
- Run another financial exchange and verify that the error no longer appears in the activity log.