When opening QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions or when starting your computer, you see one of these errors:
QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.
QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
Exception TypeError: Unknown name
This error occurs when the QWCLOG.TXT file used by the Web Connector program becomes damaged or it cannot be accessed.
Web Connector is used to connect some web-based programs to QuickBooks. If you have not connected QuickBooks to any third-party programs, you can simply remove Web Connector from the Startup menu.
- Log in as Windows administrator.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
- Delete the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Restart the computer and open QuickBooks.
If you have connected your data file to a third-party application that uses Web Connector, then you would want Web Connector to stay in the Startup menu. In this situation you can rename the QWCLOG.TXT file to resolve the error.
- Close completely out of QuickBooks and Web Connector.
- Go to: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log.
- Rename the QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- Reopen Web Connector.
- Restart the computer then open QuickBooks and login to your third-party application.