Did you already sign up and set up your vendors for Direct Deposit? You must do that first before you can pay them with direct deposit.
Now, make sure you meet these requirements before paying your vendors through Direct Deposit:
- Quickbooks Payroll Basic, Standard & Enhanced customers must have latest release of QuickBooks Desktop or later installed, and must sign up for the Direct Deposit service.
- Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Assisted customers must have the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop or later installed.
Once you have met these requirements, if you want to pay your vendors direct deposits through Write Checks, see Paying vendors using Direct Deposit. If you want to pay a bill see below.
After entering bills for your vendor invoices in QuickBooks Desktop, you have the option to pay them through Direct Deposit.
If you have not entered bills yet for your vendors in QuickBooks Desktop, see Entering Bills.
|Important: Create and send your vendor direct deposit paychecks separately from your employee direct deposit paychecks.|
To pay bills from your vendors through Direct Deposit:
- Choose Vendors > Pay Bills.
Select the vendor you want to pay.
- You can change the order in which the bills appear in the list by choosing one of the Sort Bills by options;
- Or you can filter the list so that only vendors marked for payment by Direct Deposit appear. From the Filter By list, select Direct Deposit Vendors.
- In the Payment section > Method dropdown list, select Direct Deposit.
In the Payment section > Account dropdown list, select the account for the payment.
When you select a vendor who is set up to receive direct deposit payments, QuickBooks Desktop supplies a QuickBooks Desktop account entry that matches the real bank account you specified when you set up your Direct Deposit service (the same for both payroll and vendor payments). You can change only change the Payment Account to another QuickBooks Desktop account that is associated with this real bank account.
Direct deposit funds are always drawn from the actual bank account shown in the Direct Deposit section (or Bank Account Information section, for Assisted users) of the Account Maintenance window. (To see the Account Maintenance window, choose Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information.)
In Payment section, doublecheck the date.QuickBooks Desktop automatically enters a date two banking days in the future in the Payment section > Date field. This is the date that will appear on your printed checks. Remember that Direct Deposit checks must be sent to the Direct Deposit service by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific time) at least two banking days before the check date. You can change the date if necessary, but the date you enter must be at least 2 and no more than 45 days in the future and must be a valid banking day.
- Click Pay Selected Bills.
- Click Send Direct Deposit.
- Click Send.
Need to void the vendor direct deposit you just sent?
You may be able to stop the debit. Locate the check in your register, void it (click Edit > Void Paycheck) then send the void information to Intuit using the Send Center. Once the void is sent, the liability check response will post in the memo of the check whether the funds were recovered (the funds will not be debited) or not recovered (the funds have been offloaded).