Learn how QuickBooks Point of Sale sends discount info to QuickBooks Desktop.
When a discount's used in QuickBooks Point of Sale, there are two ways the discount info can be sent to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Net Value (default): This sends the discounted amount without a separate discount item.
- Separate original and discounted values: This option will send the full transaction amount and includes a separate line item discount so the receipt amount will match the receipt in QuickBooks Point of Sale. Then, you can track discounts to a specific account, like a discount expense account.
Choose how discounted items are sent to QuickBooks Desktop
- In QuickBooks Point of Sale, go to File and select Preferences.
- Select Company, then select Financial.
- Select the checkbox for Use with QuickBooks Financial Software.
- From send discounted items with, select either Net Value or Separate original and discounted values.