Learn how to set up QuickBooks Payroll to track paid family leave in the District of Columbia.
The District of Columbia (Washington D.C.) has implemented Paid Family Leave. The employer will pay the tax and it'll be filed along with the unemployment wage filing data. If you have full service payroll, we'll pay and file this tax for you.
How the D.C. Paid Family Leave program works
- The tax rate is 0.26% of taxable wages and has no wage limit.
- The taxability of wages is the same as the unemployment wages but with no upper limit.
- There is no impact to any Federal forms.
- There are no exemptions from this tax.
- Any employer subject to (State Unemployment Insurance) SUI is subject to DC Paid Family Leave.
For more information on paid family leave, see District of Columbia Paid Family Leave.
Add D.C. Paid Family Leave to employees
|Note: Not sure which payroll service you have? Here's how to find your payroll service.