Learn how to upload your receipts to QuickBooks Online.
Save time on tracking and recording your receipts from vendors. You can upload them to QuickBooks Online from your computer or mobile device, or even from your email account.
After you upload your receipt, QuickBooks extracts info from it and creates a transaction for you to review. Then, you can edit the receipt, add it to an account, or match it to an existing transaction in the Receipts tab.
To watch more how-to videos, visit our video section.
Step 1: Upload receipts to QuickBooks
There are several ways to add receipts. Follow whichever you prefer.
- We don’t recommend uploading receipts with sensitive or personal info, like credit card numbers and government identifiers.
- QuickBooks supports PDF, JPEG, JPG, GIF, and PNG images. If you have a newer iPhone or iPad, your images might be in the HEIC format. You can convert HEIC images to a compatible format.
Upload receipts from your computer or Google Drive
Snap a photo of your receipt on your mobile device
You can use the QuickBooks Online mobile app to capture and upload receipts from your mobile device.
- Open the QuickBooks Online mobile app.
- Select the Menu ≡ icon.
- Select Receipt snap.
- Select Receipt camera and snap a photo of your receipt.
- Select Use this photo, then Done.
Note: Does your Android device make a beeping sound when you capture receipts? Here's how to turn it off.
Email receipts to QuickBooks
You can also email your receipt to QuickBooks Online. We’ll extract info from it and create a transaction for you to review.
Step 2: Review, add, or match receipts
Now you've uploaded your receipts to QuickBooks. These are not in your books yet. You need to review, edit, add, or match those to existing transactions first. Here’s how.