Learn how to fix Error: QBXML components not installed when you run a financial exchange.
This error happens when some files installed with your QuickBooks Financial software are missing or damaged. Here's how you can fix it.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop and Point of Sale
- Update QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to the latest release.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
After you update both software, restart your computer before trying another Financial Exchange.
If you get the same error continue to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Rename QuickBooks .TLG files
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click the Windows Start and select Open Windows Explorer.
- Go to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files\
- Find your company file with the .TLG extention. Right-click the .TLG file and rename to [Filename].TLG.OLD
- In Point of Sale, try the financial exchange again.
If you still get the same error, Re-install QuickBooks Desktop.