Learn how to create a stock transfer in QuickBooks Commerce.
|QuickBooks Commerce is no longer available for purchase as a stand-alone product.|
The features referred to in this article are only relevant for customers who still have QuickBooks Commerce bundled with their QuickBooks Online subscription.
If you want to learn more about e-commerce accounting features that are part of QuickBooks Online, check out Accounting for e-commerce FAQ.
In QuickBooks Commerce, you can transfer stocks between different warehouse locations. This helps you move around your stocks efficiently even when you manage multiple warehouses. Here’s how to create a stock transfer.
Create a stock transfer
- Go to the Stock Control menu.
- Select Stock Transfer, then New Stock Transfer.
- In the Source ▼ dropdown, select the location where the stock will come from.
- In the Destination ▼ dropdown, select the location you want to transfer the stock to.
- Enter the items you want to transfer, then the quantity for each one.
Note: You can transfer multiple items at a time. To do this, select Add another item.
- You can also add a note if you need to. After you finalize everything, select Create to save the stock transfer.
Your inventory levels will remain the same until you receive the transfer at the destination.
Edit a stock transfer
- Go to Stock Control, then select Stock Transfers.
- Select the stock transfer you want to edit.
- Select Edit.
- Once you made the changes, select Save.