Find out which documents from the SBA and Treasury you should review before you apply for PPP loan forgiveness.
Did you get a Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan? If so, we recommend you look over the documents listed here so you have a good handle on the SBA and Treasury’s rules for loan forgiveness. This will help you prepare for your application.
Review these documents before you apply for loan forgiveness
- Form 3508S Application Form
- Form 3508S Loan Forgiveness Application Instructions
- PPP Loan FAQs
- PPP Forgiveness FAQs
- First Interim Final Rule (in particular, pages 20813-20816)
- Interim Final Rule on Additional Eligibility Criteria and Requirements for Certain Pledges of Loans (in particular, page 21750)
- Interim Final Rule on Revisions to First Interim Final Rule (in particular, pages 36310-36311)
- Interim Final Rule on Revisions to the Third and Sixth Interim Final Rules (in particular, pages 36998-36999)
- Interim Final Rule on Loan Forgiveness
- Interim Final Rule on Revisions to the Loan Forgiveness and SBA Loan Review Procedures Interim Final Rules
- Interim Final Rule on Treatment of Owners and Certain Nonpayroll Costs
- Interim Final Rule on Additional Revisions to Loan Forgiveness and Loan Review Procedures Interim Final Rules
Also see our main article on Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness.
Regulations and guidance from the SBA and the U.S. Department of Treasury on the PPP are evolving rapidly. Please refer to the PPP Loan Forgiveness Application and to the latest guidance from SBA and Treasury to confirm the most current program rules and how they apply to your particular situation.