When signing in to your merchant account in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, you get the error:
This is caused by a special character in your password.
To resolve this issue, reset your password and create a new one that does not have a special character.
- Sign in to Merchant Service Center, then select I forgot my user ID or password.
- Enter the email address you use to sign in and choose Continue.
- Open the password reset email from Intuit. It will show you your User ID, the date you last accessed your merchant account and an option to reset your password.
- Select the reset password link.
- Enter and confirm your new password, then select reset password.
- In Point of Sale, choose File > Setup Interview, then select the Payments tab. Sign in using your new credentials.
Note: You can only sign in your merchant account on the server computer. The client workstations don't have this option.