Learn how to use and manage Zapier with QuickBooks Commerce.
|QuickBooks Commerce is no longer available for purchase as a stand-alone product.|
The features referred to in this article are only relevant for customers who still have QuickBooks Commerce bundled with their QuickBooks Online subscription.
If you want to learn more about e-commerce accounting features that are part of QuickBooks Online, check out Accounting for e-commerce FAQ.
Zapier lets you connect your frequently used web apps with QuickBooks Commerce to simplify your business process. You can create automated workflows for different apps, so you don’t have to manually do them again. Here’s how.
Set up your Zap
Zap is the automated workflow you create between apps. You can choose which actions and triggers to use when you set them up. Depending on your Zapier plan, you can add multiple actions to your Zaps – giving you plenty of possibilities.
Here’s how to create a simple Zap.
Step 1: Set up the trigger
The trigger is the event that sets the Zap or workflow in motion.
- Sign in to Zapier.
- Go to the Dashboard, then select + Create Zap.
- Enter the app you want to use as the trigger in the Search apps… field, then select its icon.
- From the Event ▼ dropdown, select a trigger. Then select Continue.
Note: Make sure the trigger you set is available in the app. If it’s not, create it first.
- Depending on the app, you need to sign in to your account or select the account you want to use. Then, select Continue.
- Select Test trigger to check if it's working. If it’s not, then fix the error and test it again.
- Select Continue.
Step 2: Set up the action
The action is the event/s the Zap or workflow performs.
- Enter the app you want to use for the action in the Search apps… field, then select its icon.
- From the Event ▼ dropdown, select an action. Then, select Continue.
- Select the account you want to use, then select Continue.
- Fill out and match the fields with their corresponding data. Or select what you think is appropriate for the fields.
Note: The number of fields you need to fill out and match varies depending on the action and app you used.
- Select Continue.
Note: If you want to name the Zap, select Untitled Zap and enter the name you want to use.
- Select Test & review to check if the Zap works, then select Publish Zap.
- Select Publish & Turn on.
Once published, the action runs automatically every time the trigger is activated.
Manage your Zaps in Zapier
As you continue to use Zapier, it gets harder to keep track of every Zap you have. Here’s how to efficiently manage them.