Learn how to fix the error Windows Administrator Required when you open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. This error happens when:
- Your Windows User needs to grant permission for QBPOS Services to run.
- Windows User Account Controls prevents QBPOS Services to run
- You have a damaged Windows user
- Your Point of Sale install has damage
Solution 1: Run Point of Sale as Administrator
- Close all open processes and reboot your computer.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale icon on your Desktop, then select Run as Administrator.
Solution 2: Restart the QBPOS Database Manager
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the run command.
- Type in services.msc, then select OK.
- Right-click QBPOS Database Manager vXX (XX is the version of POS), then select Properties.
- Set the Startup type to Automatic.
- Right-click Intuit Entitlement Service v8, and then select Properties.
- Change the Startup Type to Automatic, and then restart the service.