When you open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, you see or receive one of the following error messages
There is an error in XML document (0, 0)
Error: Process could not access file C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v(x)\SessionData.xml because it is being used by another process
These errors may be caused by:
- A damaged SessionData.xml file.
- Damaged QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Entitlement Client folder.
Intuit recommends the following solutions for this problem. The first solution may solve your problem, or you may need to try all to resolve the issue. For best results, perform the solutions in the order shown.
Solution 1: Remove files within the entitlement folder
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the search box.
- In the Search field, type Services.msc, then select Enter.
- Right click Intuit Entitlement Service vX (where X is the highest number of version you see), then select Stop.
- Close the window. Follow the steps to Display hidden files and folders or search for files using Windows.
- Ensure to select Show hidden files, folders and drives, then click to clear Hide protected system operating files checkbox.
- On the left window, go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vX , then remove all files within the folder.
Solution 2: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
To Repair QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale installation, make sure Point of Sale is not running and follow the steps for your Operating System.
If it's still not working after the repair, Perform a clean reinstall for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.