Learn how to print UPC barcodes on inventory tags in Point of Sale.
Using the Print Designer in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, you can choose which fields print on inventory tags and other forms.
|Note: QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale only works with recommended hardware that is tested to work with the software. For more information, check Point of Sale: Compatible hardware.|
- Go to the File menu, select Tools, then Print Designer.
- From the Select a Document Type ▼ drop-down menu, select Inventory Tags.
- Select the tag style you want to use from the Available Templates.
- Select Options, then Copy Selected to open the Print Designer with the tag you've chosen.
- Click on the sample barcode and item number, then select Remove.
- From the Add ▼ drop-down menu, select Data Field or Group of Fields.
- Select BARCODE: UPC, then OK.
- Drag the sample barcode to the bottom of the tag. You may have to move other fields to make room for it.
- Select Save and enter a new name for the template, then OK.
- Select Close.
- Select Yes if you want to make the new template your default print template for Inventory Tags; otherwise, choose No.
- Select Close to exit from the Print Designer window.