After performing the Verify Data operation, the following message appears inside the QBWin.log:
Note: This may also show in the bank register or the Employee Center (Transactions tab > Paychecks) with the employee names missing.
Error: Verify Target: This is a paycheck and there is no name or the name is not an employee. Rcrd = [record number] Type: paycheck txn#: [transaction number] date: [transaction date] doc#: [document number] Source accnt: [AccountName] $: -777.25 name: [name record number (Rebuilt)]
This error is caused by an employee name being in the Other Names List.
- An employee name was updated and is now located in the Other Names List.
- An employee name has become disassociated with its correct type during the Rebuild Data process, and is now listed as a rebuilt name appearing in the Other Names List.
The error will be resolved and the Verify Data will not detect this error.
You have employees added in your QuickBooks.
To repair the damaged employee name:
- Resort the Lists.
- Run a QuickReport on the name listed in the QBWin.log
- Select the name record.
- Select Reports and select QuickReport.
- In the Dates field, select All.
Confirm that the transactions types linked to the name record are paychecks:
- Double-click the paycheck from the report.
- Confirm that the updated name is located in the Pay to the order of field on the paycheck, and then close the paycheck window.
- If there is no name in the Pay to the order of field add the Payee associated with that paycheck.
Edit the name record back to Employee type:
- Double-click the name record.
- In the Edit Name window, select Change Type.
- Select the employee name and click OK.
Note: Once the name is removed from the Other Names List, it cannot be moved back.
Perform the Verify Data operation:
- Select the File menu.
- Select Utilities and select Verify Data.
The Verify Data utility displays one of the following messages:
- QuickBooks detected no problems with your data. If the Verify Data utility detects no problems with your company data, open the Qbwin.log file to determine that there are no more error messages.
- If no errors are reported, continue using QuickBooks.
- Verify Target: This is a paycheck and there is no name or the name is not an employee. If this message appears either in the QBWin.log file or after performing the Verify Data operation, follow the Rebuild Data and final Verify Data processes in Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks.
You can also check Resolving Potential Data Issues.