Find out how to use QuickBooks Commerce Accounting to sync your e-commerce accounts with QuickBooks Online
- What’s QuickBooks Commerce Accounting?
- Are QuickBooks Commerce and QuickBooks Commerce Accounting the same thing?
- Can I switch from QuickBooks Commerce to QuickBooks Commerce Accounting?
- Can I connect multiple sales channels in the initial setup?
- What are Payouts?
- Which sales channels can I connect with?
- Can I connect multiple sales channels?
- How far back can you bring in data during the initial setup?
- How do I edit the sales channel settings?
What’s QuickBooks Commerce Accounting?
QuickBooks Commerce Accounting simplifies the accounting of your e-commerce store. With QuickBooks Commerce Accounting, you can download your payouts to QuickBooks Online and add them to your accounts.
You can select the Orders tab to view individual sales orders.
While you can view your orders and the details of each order, you can’t download them into your QuickBooks Online accounts. Your inventory and products aren't uploaded to your sales channels. You can continue to track your inventory in QuickBooks Online.
Are QuickBooks Commerce and QuickBooks Commerce Accounting the same thing?
No. QuickBooks Commerce is a product you can subscribe to and add to QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Commerce Accounting is a feature included in QuickBooks Online. Learn more about the differences between QuickBooks Commerce and QuickBooks Commerce Accounting.
Can I switch from QuickBooks Commerce to QuickBooks Commerce Accounting?
You can switch but you'll need to disconnect your sales channels then cancel your QuickBooks commerce subscription. Then, when you select Commerce, you’ll see the option to connect sales channels with QuickBooks Commerce Accounting.
Can I connect multiple sales channels in the initial setup?
No, stores for any channel can only be connected one at a time. After you finish connecting to the first store, you can select Connect a sales channel on the Overview tab.
Note: QuickBooks Online Simple Start only supports a max of one connection. To connect to more than one store, you must have QuickBooks Online Essentials, Plus, or Advanced.
What are Payouts?
Payouts are the payments sent from your sales channel for your completed orders. The total amount of each payout will include the sales amount, all discounts/refunds, expenses, and adjustments for the orders in the payout period.
Which sales channels can I connect with?
Currently, the only e-commerce channels supported are:
Can I connect to multiple sales channels?
Yes, you can connect to more than one sales channel. The number of stores you can connect with varies by QuickBooks Online version. The table below shows how many connections each QuickBooks Online version supports.
|Single connection||Up to 3 connections||Unlimited connectons||Unlimited connectons|
How far back can you bring in data during the initial setup?
Each sales channel has a time frame you can bring in data. You can set a close the books date in QuickBooks Online to prevent changes to be made before a specified date. If you set this closing date, then you won't be able to download historical data before the closing date.
Here's the historical data limits by provider:
- Shopify - 12 months
- eBay - 90 days
- Amazon - 90 days
How do I edit the sales channel settings?
You can change the deposit account, payment account, customer settings for your sales channels from the App Settings. Here you’ll also find advanced settings, and where you can disconnect the sales channel.
- Go to Banking or Transactions.
- Select the App Transactions tab.
- Select All connections and select the sales channel you want to manage the settings for.
- Select App settings.
- Select the tab for the type of setting you want to change.
- General: here you can change the deposit account or payment account.
- Customers: here you can change the default customer.
- Advanced: here you can change the default accounts used for the payout line item categories.
- To disconnect the sales channel, select Disconnect.
- Select Done.