When running Financial Exchange, you receive the following error message:
Error 100060: QuickBooks POS could not create some necessary accounts in your QuickBooks Financial Software
This may be caused by either of the following:
- An account is active in QuickBooks Desktop during the first Financial Exchange with Point of Sale.
- The user currently logged in to QuickBooks Desktop does not have Administrator permission.
To resolve this issue, follow the troubleshooting steps provided below.
To continue using account numbers in QuickBooks Desktop
- On QuickBooks Desktop, go to the Edit menu, then select Preferences > Accounting.
- Go to the Company Preferences tab, then unmark the Use account numbers checkbox. Select OK.
- Perform Financial Exchange in Point of Sale (go to the Financial menu, then select Update QuickBooks).
- Repeat steps 1 and 2, but mark the Use account numbers checkbox to reactivate the feature.
Log in as an Administrator in QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the File menu, then select Close Company/Logoff.
- Log in to the company file as the Administrator.
- Go to the Window menu, then select Close All.
- On QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, go to the File menu, then select Preferences > Company.
- Under Financial, choose Accounts. Make sure all the accounts under the Basic and Advanced tabs have no brackets.
- If any account field contains brackets but you cannot find the appropriate account from the drop-down list, create the account in QuickBooks Desktop:
- On QuickBooks Desktop, go to the Lists menu, then select Chart of Accounts.
- From the Account drop-down, select New.
- Choose the appropriate account type, then select Continue.
- Fill in the information needed, then select Save & Close.
- On QuickBooks Point of Sale, close and re-open the Company Preferences window. Choose Accounts, then check both the Basic and Advanced tabs. There should be no brackets at this time.