|QuickBooks Commerce is no longer available for purchase as a stand-alone product.|
The features referred to in this article are only relevant for customers who still have QuickBooks Commerce bundled with their QuickBooks Online subscription.
If you want to learn more about e-commerce accounting features that are part of QuickBooks Online, check out Accounting for e-commerce FAQ.
When you email a Sales Order to a customer, you can check delivery status, i.e., if the email was successfully sent and if the customer has opened the email. In QuickBooks Commerce, we call it the 'Read Receipts'.
Checking the Read Receipts
- Navigate to the Sales Orders page and select the sales order that you want to email. Then, click on the 'Email' button on the Sales Order.
- A popup with the email template will appear. Fill it in with the customer's details and click 'send'.
- To check if the email was successfully sent, refer to the activity feed on the right-hand side of the Sales Order screen. You will see a tab that reads 'Show History' when you scroll down. Expand the tab to see details of the activity, e.g., an email has been sent.
- You will see that the email was sent. When the customer opens/reads the email, the status within this box will be updated according to the time stamp. Now, click on the activity to see the status of the email.
- Your customer can view and download the sales order from their inbox.
You can also view emails and statues of invoices and shipments on this activity feed.