Learn how to get your self-employed tax info into TurboTax Self-Employed or TurboTax Live.
QuickBooks Self-Employed tracks your self-employed income so you're ready for tax season. When it's time to file, you can export your data directly to TurboTax Self-Employed. This saves time and prevents data entry errors. Here's how to send your info to TurboTax Self-Employed and review everything after you send it.
If you don't use TurboTax, here's how to get your tax reports so you can file with other programs. Note: If you upgrade to the Tax Bundle or Live Bundle, you can also export to TurboTax Live. Your subscription covers the cost to file your taxes with TurboTax Self-Employed.
Step 1: Review your tax checklist
- Sign in to QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Select Home.
- Select the Tax checklist link next to your profile⚙ icon.
- Select a task on the list. This takes you to the task so you can finish reviewing your data.
- Finish the tasks on the tax checklist.
Step 2: Send your info to TurboTax
After you finish the tax checklist, follow the links at the bottom:
- Select Download reports and save them to your computer. You may need this info to check certain areas in TurboTax.
- Select Send to TurboTax.
- Review your TurboTax sign-in info. Make sure the email address is the one you use for TurboTax Self-Employed. If it's not, select the link to learn more.
- When you're ready, select Send to TurboTax.
QuickBooks connects to and opens TurboTax. Then select whether you want to send your info to TurboTax Self-Employed or TurboTax Live.
Important: Even if your sign-in info is the same, you still may need to sign in to TurboTax. If you don't have a TurboTax account yet, we'll help you create one.
If your TurboTax and QuickBooks Self-Employed sign-in info are different, follow these steps to send your data to the correct account.
Step 3: Review your info in TurboTax
TurboTax guides you to make sure all of your data imports correctly.
- Select Continue and follow the onscreen steps.
- Answer the basic questions about you and your tax situation.
- Verify your info before moving on to each step.
When you finish answering, TurboTax imports your QuickBooks Self-Employed data. If you don't see your data, don't worry. Follow these steps if your data didn't transfer.
- Select Let's get started.
- Go to the Income & Expenses tab in TurboTax.
- In the Self-employed income and expenses section, select Review.
Now you can review the data QuickBooks sent to TurboTax.
- Follow the onscreen steps to review basic info about your self-employed work and income.
- On the summary page, review the Information we need to confirm section.
- If everything looks good, select Looks good.
- On the next summary page, review your income details and expense categories. Select Review for any section that needs review. If you want to make changes, select Edit.
- If you need to add additional income or expenses, select Add income for this work or Add expenses for this work.
- When you're finished, select Done.
|Important: We recommend you review all of your data, even if everything looks good.|