Learn how to change the first day of work week in QuickBooks Online. If you use QuickBooks Time to track timesheets, updating the week start day in your QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium and Elite settings will automatically update the week start day in QuickBooks Time when it syncs.
Edit the first day of your work week
The steps to update the first day of your work week will vary depending on whether you have QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium and Elite.
Update in QuickBooks Online
- Go to Settings ⚙.
- Select Account and settings.
- Select Time.
- In the General section, select Edit ✎.
- From the First day of work week ▼ dropdown, choose the day your work week starts.
- Select Save, then select Done.
Update in QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium and Elite
It’s important to have the correct start day for your work week because QuickBooks uses that day to accurately calculate overtime.
With QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium and Elite, you can set the first day of your work week and it syncs automatically to QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Time. Here’s how to update your week start day:
- Go to Payroll, then select Employees (Take me there).
- Select an employee.
Note: Edits made to one employee’s week start day will apply to all employees.
- Select Edit ✎ next to Pay.
- Find the How much do you pay [employee] section. Then you’ll see one of the following:
- Select +Add additional pay types (like overtime, sick, and vacation pay).
- Or select the Edit ✎ option by Additional pay types: Overtime Pay, Paid time off.
- Under Common pay types, make sure the Overtime Pay checkbox is checked.
- Then under Overtime Pay, select the First day of the work week ▼ dropdown and choose the day your work week starts.
- Select Done.