To use timesheets for invoicing and payroll in QuickBooks Online, you first need to approve and export them from QuickBooks Time.
Before running an export, be sure to approve the timesheets. If you don’t want to approve time from QuickBooks Time, you can approve time from QuickBooks Online instead. Approving time there exports those timesheets automatically.
- If you don’t have a payroll subscription, you can approve time from the Time tab in QuickBooks Online.
- If you have a payroll subscription, you can approve time from the + New menu in QuickBooks Online.
Export Approved Timesheet Data
After approving timesheets, you can export the data to QuickBooks.
- In the top right corner of QuickBooks Time, select QuickBooks.
- Select Export All Approved Time.
- When the Proceed with export? window displays, select Export all hours.
- To view the export details, select QuickBooks, then View Sync Log.