Learn how to change the account mapping for credit card transactions to debit in the Undeposited Funds account.
|Why are we unable to change from debit to credit?|
Solution 1: Configure account mapping preferences
Ensure that the Undeposited Funds account is selected in the Point of Sale account mapping section in Company Preferences:
- Choose File > Preferences > Company.
- Select the Accounts preference under Financial and select the Advanced tab.
- Ensure that the selection in the QB Account field on the Credit Card line is Undeposited Funds.
- Select Save.
Solution 2: Ensure to select Group with other Undeposited Funds
- In QuickBooks, select Lists > Item List.
- Double-click the VISA/Mastercard item and ensure that Group with other undeposited funds is selected. If it is not set to Group with other undeposited funds, select that option and select OK.
Solution 3: Repair possible item damage
If Group with other undeposited funds is already selected, the payment item may be damaged. To repair possible damage:
- After making note of the spelling and capitalization of the item, change the Item Name/Number to X and select OK.
- Right-click on the item list and select New.
- In the Type field, select Payment and, in the Item Name/Number field, enter the original name of the POS Cash or Visa/Mastercard item.
- Select Group with other undeposited funds and then select the Payment Method as Cash/Visa/Mastercard. select OK.
- Double-click the X item and then enter the same Cash/Visa/Mastercard name in the Item Name/Number field.
- Select OK and you will be asked if you wish to merge the two items. select Yes. This will repair the damage.
Note: This process will cause all historical Visa/Mastercard transactions to be moved to the Undeposited Funds account from the bank account in which QuickBooks was depositing them. You will need to make the appropriate deposits.