Update to get the latest version of TLS 1.2 so you can ensure continuous payment processing in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
TLS stands for Transport Layer Security which is a cryptographic protocol that is used to increase security over computer networks.
- TLS is the replacement of SSL although it can still be referred to as SSL.
- It has been evolving as time passes to keep up with more complex security requirements to fix cryptographic flaws.
- The latest version is TLS 1.2.
- We are enabling QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to communicate strictly on TLS 1.2 protocol by making few updates to the system registry keys that will provide more secure communication.
Why is it important to update?
The ability to use your merchant account for processing credit and debit cards will no longer function without updating after June 18, 2019.
- QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- Operating System: We support Windows 7 or higher.
- Internet Explorer: We support version 8 and newer.
To download the Update
- From the Help menu, choose Software Updates then select Check for Updates.
- Point of Sale will check for available updates.
- If an update is available, click Update Now.