The following error codes appear when trying to update QuickBooks Desktop or download the latest tax table update. These are caused by any of the following:
- The Shared Download drive wasn't mapped correctly
- A missing file or component for payroll updates
- Damaged windows files
- A firewall setting that may block payroll updates in QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled
- Unable to verify digital signatures
Before troubleshooting, you may want to try to configure firewall and internet security settings first.