Learn how you can efficiently find your transactions in the Account history in QuickBooks Online.
To find specific transactions in the account history easily, you can filter the transactions listed or sort them by the values in any column.
|Tip: Filter first, sort second! Because every transaction included in an account is displayed, an account history can be long, with thousands of transactions. If you filter before you sort, you can find the transactions you're looking for faster.|
To filter transactions in the account history:
- Select the Gear icon on the Toolbar.
- Under Your Company, select Chart of Accounts.
- Locate the appropriate account for the transaction.
- From the Action column, select Account history.
- Select the Filter icon above the Date column.
- Enter filter criteria, then select Apply.
Your transactions appear in the account history sorted by date.
After you filter the transactions, scan your results to see whether sorting by a different column could help you find the transactions you're looking for.
To sort transactions by the values in a column in the account history:
- Hover over any column header.If a Sort icon (▲ or ▼) appears, you can sort the transactions by the value in that column.
- Select any sortable column header to sort the account history by that value.Note: If you sort by any column other than Date or Reconciliation status, the Balance column automatically turns off.
- To switch between ascending or descending order within a column, select the column header.